On behalf of the faculty and staff, we would like to cordially to invite you to participate in parent-teacher conferences.
These conferences, which are held three times during the school year, provide an opportunity for parents to meet individually with teachers to communicate about the academic progress of their students. To accommodate the needs of all families, each conference should be limited to three (3) to five (5) minutes. If you desire a more in-depth conference, please email and schedule a meeting with the teacher.
To prepare for conferences, we ask that you access your student’s progress via your Power School Parent Portal. You may also email teachers for an update in those classes in which your child is excelling. Using these options prior to conferences may eliminate the need to meet with some teachers.
If you need assistance accessing the PowerSchool Parent Portal, please contact Mrs. Balow at 248.203.3751 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that students are best served when parents, teachers, and counselors are all in close communication.
Information for parent-teacher conferences will be distributed through parent email and available on our website. Please contact your student’s teachers via email if those dates and times are not convenient for you.
We Ask From Parents the Following:
- Check the on-line grades and attendance prior to coming to conferences.
- Read and follow the directions for registering for a conference time. These will be shared via parent email and on our website.
- Discuss the upcoming conferences with your son/daughter and see if there are any particular topics which he/she would like to have you discuss with a faculty member, or whether an email would be appropriate.
- Feel free to write down discussion questions ahead of time and take notes during the conference to share with your son/daughter.
- Limit your conversation with a teacher to three to five minutes--shorter as other parents will be waiting. If a lengthy conference is necessary, the teachers will be pleased to set up a subsequent appointment.